Saturday, January 5, 2008

GCN Conference Day 2

Argh! I couldn't sleep last night either, well, until finally I did but only for 2 hours! I was in an altered state all day!

This morning's speaker was good. It was very interesting how he expressed why you can be gay and Christian. He gave John 3:16, which is obvious, and along with that pointed out what the next two verses say (God sent not his son to condemn the world but that the world might be saved). What hit me most was when he referenced Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage." He said that a yoke of bondage is anything (in terms of worrying about whether in doing or not doing things we are saved) that keeps us away from Christ and/or gets in the way of our relationship with Him. That is exactly what I heard the Lord say to me, that made me put this struggle away on the shelf as it were; "this is just getting in the way of your relationship with Me, stop worrying and thinking about it and leave it be".The speaker further said that we must trust in our own integrity, that "you know your sincerity in giving your life to Christ" (Ref - "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved"). It was good to hear all this confirmation of our salvation in Christ being secure, as gay people, from a different angle than re-interpeting the standard "clobber passages". Essentially this morning confirmed and affirmed the path which I've come to in terms of how I view justification in being a gay Christian.


This afternoon's speaker was also great. The biggest thing I carried away from it is that "God comes to us and then He wants to work through us."

Eric's blogging group session was awesome! It was very inspiring, and helped to clarify what I'm doing this blog for. I realized a little more of what its really about, kinda. I am going to work on some more amplified wording for the top of the page in that regard.


Its been amazing and wonderful to meet all these people from GCN who I have only known from the boards. Its almost like meeting a bunch of celebrities! You know, public personas. People don't always look or talk or behave the way they do or come across online, though by this I don't mean anybody is insincere or is misrepresenting themselves, nor do I mean that they are "worse" or anything in person, hehe. Its just interesting, and its wonderful to connect and share ourselves with each other and hug so many people who I've longed to give more than a cyber hug to! And dear Alma is simply made out of pure love!!!!!

0 comments: