Thursday, January 10, 2008

GCN Conference Reflections: Part 2, the glow!

There is something about GCN that is different now that I've met so many people. Which is odd in a way, since I have met so many before what with being here in the gathering capital/"Mecca" of GCN. But meeting so many more, all together, worshiping together with them, it just takes this website experience to another level and makes the board "less flat" somehow.

The pivotal points in the conference for me were the two small sessions I went to on Saturday. This is not to diminish everything else, because all the parts very much comprised the whole and in fact, the whole was greater than the sum of its parts! But the nature of Mike's meditation session and Ling's emotional healing group, was such that the focus was on application and experience rather than on lecturing and note taking. God did something in me during those two sessions. And by the end of the sharing that night, I was a wreck. I just cried and cried and cried, and so much stuff came up, deep emotional stuff.
Then my good friend Eric Leocadio came over and held me and affirmed me and spoke a Word from the Lord to me. And others, Steve F, Chris the Elf, Joe, and more came over and offered me affirmation and encouragement and love. Wow! Then I met Scott Straley in the stairway and received a gift from his tongue. (that REALLY didn't come out right). And more incredible words of love and affirmation were to come Sunday morning after final circle.

I really believe that none of us yet know the full extent of what God did there. I think it's going to unfold and become revealed more and more as the days turn into weeks, the weeks into months, and so on.

I feel different. Things just look and feel different. And its just a crack in the ice, or the wall, right now. But its already started to unfold and expand.

There was so much love! We all love Jesus Christ! He was there! It's all about the Lord. Praise Him and Glory be to God in the highest! Like I said during the sharing, we are in a revival! Its here, we're no longer waiting for it, but its just begun and we ain't seen nothing yet! I'm so excited that next year is going to be in my own backyard, in Southern California, where God has been moving in such an amazing way in our local GCN group, and in our churches.

I do wish that I had been less in my head and consumed with my issues. But God worked on me, and all of us, in these areas! I know that my head does terrible things to me. On many levels, some of which I can't even talk about because they are so horrible and I am ashamed of the thoughts that come into my head. But God began to transform and change this over the course of last weekend. Not just for me, but I know He showed many or all us things about ourselves and about HIMSELF, in spite of, against, with and through our issues and the way we experienced things in our heads, during the conference. I could see the changed hearts, heads and lives all around me!

Thank you God. Thank you my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ the way the truth and the life! Praise God from whom all blessings flow; praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!
Amen.

0 comments: